As an information partner of the X Euro-Asian Symposium on Economic Theory «Viability of Economic Theories: through Order and Chaos» (June 29-30, 2022, Institute of Economics of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences), we invite you to watch the plenary report of Professor Kleiner.
Georgy Kleiner is a corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Economics, guest editor of the thematic issue of AlterEconomics «The Expanding Universe of Economic Theory: Fundamentals of Foresight» (No. 1, 2023), which will be published in March this year.
The main theses of the report:
Any socio-economic system consists of four interacting subsystems: an object (object system), its environment (environmental system), a set of processes occurring in this object (process system), as well as organizational, technological and other initiatives, activities, etc. (project system).
These subsystems occupy a certain position in the intra-system hierarchy based on dominance. Using the example of the macro-level system cycle in Russia, the reporter distinguished the following stages:
- the dominance of the project subsystem (the governance of N. Khrushchev),
- the dominance the object subsystem (the beginning of the governance of L. Brezhnev),
- the dominance of the environmental subsystem (the end of Brezhnev’s governance, the «era of stagnation»),
- the dominance of the process subsystem (from perestroika to the mid-2010s),
- the dominance of the project subsystem (mid-2010s — mid-2020s),
- the dominance of the object subsystem (mid-2020s – late 2020s),
- the dominance of the environmental subsystem – the beginning of the «era of new stagnation».
A corresponding leader (formal or informal) manages each subsystem. For the object subsystem, this is the inspirational leader, the cultural leader leads the process part, the spiritual leader determines the environmental part, and the intellectual leader provides the project part. Each leader forms his/her own field of influence. Similar subsystems can be projected onto countries. With such a distribution of leadership in the global socio-economic system, we can observe sustainable development.
To watch the plenary report of Professor Kleiner use link .
Please note that Professor G. Kleiner is also a guest editor of the thematic issue of AlterEconomics «The Expanding Universe of Economic Theory: Fundamentals of Foresight» (No. 1, 2023), which will be published in March this year.