Tukhtarova, E. Kh. (2019). Regulation Mechanisms of External Labour Migration. Zhurnal Economicheskoj Teorii [Russian Journal of Economic Theory], 16(2), 187-197
At present, in spite of the adoption of various restrictive measures to regulate migration flows, the flow of low-skilled professionals in Russia prevails. This study presents an analysis of the global experience of countries that successfully attract qualified specialists. The tools of migration policy are analyzed. The key to success lies in the selective migration policy which combines various mechanisms of regulation of migration flows. The application of successful international experience is also possible in Russia. To this end, it is necessary to establish an institutional mechanism to regulate the demand for skilled labour in the labour market. The study presents several guidelines for skilled labor in Russian regions. The analysis is based on econometric approaches that use panel data in the production function and regression equation modelling. The findings may be useful to the representatives of state bodies in the formation of migration policy, as well as representatives of the scientific community.
- Gaponova, A. (2010, November). Mezhdunarodnaya migratsiya vysokokvalifitsirovannykh spetsialistov: napravleniya, masshtaby, regulirovanie [The international migration of highly qualified specialists: directions, scope, regulation]. Demoskop Weekly [Demoscope Weekly], 441–442. Retrieved October 19, 2018, from http://www.demoscope.ru/weekly/2010/0441/analit07.php. (In Russ.)
- Dolmatova, S., & Dolmatova, S. (2018). Problema «utechki mozgov» v kontekste ustoychivogo razvitiya na sovremennom etape globalizatsii [The problem of “brain drain” in the context of sustainable development at the present stage of globalization]. Mosty [Bridges], 1, 24–28. (In Russ.)
- Ivakhnyuk, V. I. (2011). Upravlenie trudovoy migratsiey: protivorechivye uroki globalizatsionnogo krizisa [Management of labor migration: conflicting lessons of the globalization crisis]. Vek globalizatsii [The age of globalization], 2, 109–125. (In Russ.)
- Iontsev, V. A., Ryazantsev, S. V., & Iontseva, S. V. (2016). Novye tendentsii i formy emigratsii iz Rossii [New trends and forms of emigration from Russia]. Ekonomika regiona [Economy of region], 12(2), 499–509. (In Russ.)
- Komarovskiy, V. (2018). O trudovoy migratsii v sovremennykh usloviyakh [On labor migration in modern conditions]. Mosty [Bridges], 1, 4–8. (In Russ.)
- Ryazantsev, S. V., Bozhenko, V. V. & Pazhnevskiy, Sh. Z. (2015). Tendentsii trudovoy migratsii v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Trends of labor migration in the Russian Federation]. In Novye vektory migratsii na Evraziyskom prostranstve. Demografiya. Sotsiologiya. Ekonomika [New vectors of migration in the Eurasian space. Demography. Sociology. Economy] (Vol. 1, pp. 13–29). Moscow, Russia: Ekon-Inform. (In Russ.)
- Tukhtarova, E. (2016). Vzaimosvyaz’ ekonomicheskoy modeli razvitiya i vneshney trudovoy migratsii [The relationship between the economic model of development and external labor migration]. Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya [Problems of theory and practice of management], 3, 64–73. (In Russ.)
- Umahanov, I. (2017). Senator RF: stoimost’ patentov dlya migrantov slishkom vysoka [Russian Senator: The cost of patents for migrants is too high]. Sputnik [Satellite]. Retrieved November 14, 2018, from https://tj.sputniknews.ru/russia/20170620/1022625015/migranty-ukhodyat-ten-stoimost-patentov-vysoka.html. (In Russ.)
- Butcher, D. (2009, March 31). Global R&D Outlook. Industry Market Trends. Retrieved October 19, 2018, from http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archives/2009/03/global-research-and-development-outlook-forecast-2009-investment-spend- ing-trends.html
- Co and Crunchbase. (2016). The Global Startup Ecosystem, 152. Retrieved November 1, 2018, from https://www.startupblink.com.
- Doudeijns, M., & Dumont, J. C. (2003, January). Immigration and labour shortages: assessment of the needs and limits of foreign labour recruitment selection policies. Document of the OECD-EU conference on economic and social aspects of migration. Brussels (31 p.).
- Massey, D. (2010). Patterns and processes of international migration in the 21st century. World Migration Report. Retrieved March 21, 2018, from http://time.dufe.edu.cn/wencong/africanmigration/1Massey.pdf.
- Portes, A. (1995). The Economic Sociology of Immigration. New York: Russell Sage.
- Regets, M. (2007, March 28). Brain Circulation: The Complex National Effects of High-Skilled Migration. OECD Committee for Scientific and Technology Policy. Workshop on the International Mobility of Researches. Paris.